In November 2020 the CEO of England Golf confirmed that Lancaster Golf Club has met the requirements to become a signatory to the R&A Women in Golf Charter. This means the club has promised to deliver on several commitments which will encourage more women and girls to thrive as golfers and as employees in the golfing industry. We have committed to:
1. Promote female representation on our Board of Directors and all relevant committees in line with club membership (ladies currently 20% of members).
2. Deliver member recruitment initiatives targeting women/girls and families that are aligned with key England Golf campaigns.
3. Promote a membership pathway for women/girls and families to progress within the club.
4. Implement strategies to support of women and girl’s retention.
5. Establish links with other organisations to promote female access to golf and progression within the game.
6. Adopt an inclusive approach with female and family imagery and gender-neutral language (where appropriate) throughout the clubhouse and Website.
7. Provide support to females wishing to pursue a career in golf.
8. Promote the Women in Golf Charter.
9. Achieve SafeGolf accreditation.